Welcome to the 2020 – 2021 School Year!

It’s so good to be back at Bennie! Last school year I worked virtually from home and it is so nice to be with all the students and staff in person this year! This year I am joined by six instructional aides who will be helping students increase their academic skills. In the menu above, select Meet Mrs. Artman and Meet Our Instructional Aides to learn more about us! At the beginning of the year we work with students who were in the Academic Support Programs last year while Fall Benchmark Screening takes place. Then we will adjust our caseloads and transition some students into and out of the programs based upon their fall benchmark scores and teacher input.

In the menu above and on Bennie’s website you can  find important documents, such as the Bennie Parent Involvement Plan, the District Parent Policy, the Home-School Compact and more! Thee are also links to resources that may help you and your child. You are encouraged to click around and explore the links in the menu above.

We need YOU! Parent support is valued and appreciated at Bennie.  Parents volunteer at activities that will benefit all our Bennie Bobcats such as Scholastic Book Fairs, Bingo for Books, and assemblies.

Parents can also be involved by attending the Title I Annual Meeting, Meet the Teacher Night, and Parent Teacher Conferences.

We welcome your input at Title I Parent Advisory Meetings and School Improvement Meetings, in addition to PTA meetings! V.O.I.C.E. volunteers are also needed to help students with various activities and tutoring throughout the year.

Please sign up and participate as much as you can for your child’s education!

Feel free to contact me any time this year by calling the Bennie office or by emailing me at artman@appublicschools.com